ClubCorp USA, Inc.
3030 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, TX 75234
Dear Members and Guests,
"Ain't it funny, how time slips away?" Willie Nelson sure had that right. Just over 10 years ago, I wrote my first President's Letter for Private Clubs magazine, and now as I prepare to retire, upon the appointment of my successor, I write my last. A lot has changed in the last decade! Apart from my getting older and my golf game getting worse, it has been a true privilege to have served all of you and worked with so many talented Employee Partners.
Just some of my favorite highlights during my tenure at ClubCorp include:
- Launching the incredible ClubCorp Charity Classic, which has now raised more than $20 million to benefit so many great charities and our own Employee Partners Care Foundation.
- Creating the innovative O.N.E. program now being used by more than 50 percent of our Members.
- Reinvesting more than $700 million back into our clubs, while reinventing 63 Golf and Country Clubs and 26 Business, Sports, and Alumni Clubs.
- Hiring and promoting so many wonderful Employee Partners, such as our editor-in-chief, Don Nichols, who along with his team completely redesigned our award-winning magazine.
- Helping produce the top 10 most profitable years in ClubCorp's 60-year history, benefiting all our stakeholders and allowing for the aforementioned capital reinvestment in our clubs.
- Acquiring and reinventing Sequoia Golf, the largest acquisition in ClubCorp's history.
- Launching our successful IPO in 2013 after more than 50 years of private ownership.
- Lastly, on a personal level, seeing my two terrific daughters graduate from college and evolve into even more beautiful people, cherishing the birth of two wonderful granddaughters, and celebrating 10 years of golf and camaraderie with my BUGS (Butt Ugly Golf Society) friends.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! To all my partners and to my many Member friends. What a great decade, with more to come.
With a very fond farewell,
Catalyst and CEO