Special "Clippings", Ironwood Will Re-Open on Monday!
Notes from the Anthem Greens Committee
Next week Ironwood will reopen after three weeks of work. Here’s what you can expect when you play it next.
Cart Path Only.
We will be on cart paths for a few weeks while the new ryegrass overseed gains strength. The grass is only 11 days old and still easily damaged by cart traffic. If you don’t have a blue flag, please be considerate and stay on the paths, we will reopen the course to carts as soon as we think the grass can stand up to the additional traffic.
If you have a blue flag, please follow these rules.
- Enter only at the entry points designated by entry stakes.
- Go directly to the fairway, minimizing the distance you drive in the new overseed and stay on the fairway grass until you see the exit.
- Exit only at the designated exit point.
- A special note on #6. The exit point will be on the right side of the fairway near the green and will direct you to a new path running behind the green.
- Do not run your cart on the newly seeded green surrounds.
- Keep your cart out of low areas and around drains where fairways are soft.
We are using the overseeded roughs to reshape the fairways, especially around water hazards. We are starting out with 1.25” depth to help slow down balls rolling towards hazards on the soon-to-be-dormant fairways.
We will send out another issue of Clippings following the November meeting. Thank-you again for your continuing support. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org