Role: PGA Head Golf Professional Serving Since: 2011 Phone Number: 253.851.1745
Dale is from Warsaw, Indiana. He earned his B.S. in Finance and Management at Indiana University. Dale has a wife, Krista and two children, Ryan and Katelyn.
• PGA member since May 2007
• Head Golf Professional at Canterwood Golf and Country Club, Gig Harbor, Washington (2011 to present)
• Director of Golf at Braemar Country Club, Tarzana, California (2007-2011)
• Head Golf Professional at LaCosta Resort and Spa, Carlsbad, California (2005-2007)
• Tournament Director at Maderas Golf Club, Poway, California (2003-2005)
• 1st Assistant Professional at Morgan Run Club and Resort, Rancho Santa Fe, California (1999-2003)
Role: First Assistant Professional Serving Since: 2005
Jim was born and raised in Eastern Canada about an hour outside Detroit. He has an Economics degree from the University of Western Ontario and an Accounting Degree from the University of Windsor. In 1995, he moved to the United States with his wife Vanna.
After not playing golf for years, Jim came back to the game and decided to pursue a career in the field. He graduated from the Golf Academy of America in Orlando then completed the PGA Golf Professional Training Program, becoming a Class A Golf Professional in 2007.
Along the way, he worked at a teaching facility in the Orlando area, moved to Pinehurst North Carolina in 2000 becoming an Assistant and later a Head Golf Professional at a semi-private club. In 2005, he moved west and has worked as an Assistant Golf Professional at Canterwood since then.
Jim specializes in Club Operations but has taught literally thousands of clinics, golf camps, group lessons and private lessons.
Jim is proficient at teaching beginners and diagnosing more advanced players. He emphasizes Pre Shot Preferences (Grip, Aim, Set Up) and the importance of a connected golf swing. He believes in turning the shoulders and using the big muscles in the torso to make the club head go from left to right. He likes using simple training aids and video whenever possible.
Jim has been a PGA member since May 2007.
Role: Private Events Director Serving Since: 2016 Phone Number: 253.851.1845 x:610