Devils Ridge Golf Club
It's OK to play golf for fun![ X ]
It’s Ok To Play
Golf For Fun!
Guiltless ways to make golf more fun while learning
not keep score
1. It’s ok to
2. It’s ok toplay from the shortest tees or start at the 150 yard marker
3. It’s ok togive yourself a better lie by rolling the ball around a little. It’s ok to tee the ball up anywhere when you are first learning
4. It’s ok toonly count swings when you make contact with the ball
5. It’s ok tothrow the ball out of a bunker after one try
6. It’s ok toforget about a ball that may be lost or out of bounds. It’s ok to drop a ball
where you think it might be…or where you wanted it to be
7. It’s ok touse fun team formats to play with your group…scrambles are very popular
8. It’s ok tojust chip and putt on a hole when you feel like it
9. It’s ok topick up in the middle of the hole and enjoy the outdoors and scenery
10. It’s ok toskip a hole if you need to take a break
11. It’s ok toplay less than 9 or 18 holes and call it a round of golf
12. It’s ok tomove your ball away from trees, rocks or very hilly lies
13. It’s ok tohit the same club for the entire round, while using a putter on the putting green
14. It’s ok toplay golf in your sneakers. Be comfortable!
15. It’s ok toget enthusiastic! (high fives, fist pumps and big smiles are encouraged)
16. It’s ok totalk on the golf course… enjoy a nice conversation or tell a few jokes
17. It’s ok tobring your kids to the course, whether they are 5 or 35
18. It’s ok to PLAY GOLF JUST FOR FUN!
When you are ready, see your local Golf Professional or go to www.usga.org to learn and play by the USGA Rules of Golf.