Porter Valley Country Club
Take a tour of the Club and see what you can enjoy.Set Up a Tour
818.360.1071 x: 228
The land where Porter Valley Country Club sits was once some of the most productive cattle, avocado and olive ranching property in the Northern Mexico Territory during the late 1800s. After the land became United States soil, the DeCelis family, who owned the land under Mexican authority, sold it to former Minnesota Senator Harold Porter who relocated to capitalize on the California land boom. He opened the acreage to the fast-growing real estate and commerce environment of early 20th century Southern California.
By the late 1960s, the once pastoral land was subdivided under a Cal Fed Bank project. The plan was to add a golf course among the streets and homes of the first master-planned residential community, directly below the Santa Susana Mountains.
In 1967, Porter Ridge Country Club was established, and by 1968, it became Porter Valley Country Club. The golf course was built first, but with no clubhouse. Members had to drive to Reseda Boulevard in Northridge to enroll in a small office trailer. At the Club, golfers parked in a dusty lot, checked in at a small starter's trailer and then teed off.
In 1970, the first social event, a Member dance party, was held to celebrate the opening of the original clubhouse. Porter Valley Country Club survived and blossomed through the severe earthquakes of 1971 and 1994, and the new 25,000-square-foot clubhouse was finished in 1997, replacing the original 1970s structure.