We are pleased to announce that our new Technogym Elliptical machine has arrived and is on the floor ready for use! It is a similiar model to the ones currently on the floor now. We have also replaced all of the Stability Balls as well. The size ranges from:
55 cm (Purple) - For users 5'0" to 5' 7"
65 cm (Green) - For users 5' 7" to 6' 2"
75 cm (Blue) - For users 6' 2" to 6' 7"
We are aware of the Treadmill issues (hot bar malfunctioning and stopping spontaneously). We are currently working with Fitness Equipment Solutions to remedy these issues quickly. A technician has been out to inspect the machines and replacement parts have been ordered as well. FES will also be conducting a service check-up on both cardio and weight machines in the next two weeks as well. We will continue to strive to provide the best workout experience that we can offer. We apologize for any inconveniences the equipment may have caused to your workouts.
Calling all College Basketball Fans! Are you a "Bracketologist"? River Creek Club will be conducting a NCAA Bracket Challenge. The cost per bracket is $20 and will be paying out winners based on the number of entries. Please remember to include total points for the Championship Game as this will be the tie-breaker. All winning brackets will be paid out in pro shop credit. You can pick up your brackets beginning Monday March 17th in the golf shop, Benjamin's Tavern or Receptionist desk. All completed brackets must be returned to the club by close of business Wednesday March 19th. Please include your entry fee or mark "Member Charge" on your bracket.
With snow on the ground, it seems a bit loony to be talking about our outdoor tennis program starting in a few weeks. But I'm ready for spring to be here and am looking forward to seeing people back on the courts (even if it means in coat and gloves!) Below is a link to our JD registration form. As always, please fill out a copy and return to me at my office in the Fitness Center to reserve your child's spot in class. If you have any questions regarding the program, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bunker Renovation - Update
With this week's light snowfall and frigid temperatures, the start of our bunker renovation has been pushed back to March 10th. Even with a later start date the project should be completed by May 1st. If you are intersted in learning more about the "Better Billy Bunker" system, we have attached a link to their website.
- Inspect your tennis bag! Check your racquet(s) grips, strings, vibration dampeners and frame for any "wear'n'tear." If you think anything needs to be replaced, then do it. We can regrip and restring your racquet here at the club. If you need a new racquet, we can also special order you one but you should first try some different demo's before investing in a new racquet. This too can be done here at the club.
- Inspect your shoes! Make sure they're tennis specific shoes. (running shoes don't count!) Also, check the outsole for any wear. If you've had them for over a season the midsole has probably begun to already breakdown and you're beginning to lose out on important cushioning that the shoe provides. Since we have hard courts here, treat your feet to the most cushioned shoes you can get!
- Start stretching now! Tennis has very specific muscles that it uses. The muscles in the hand and forearm, the muscles you can't see around the rotator cuff, your back and especially your legs! Start getting these bodyparts ready for all the movement and work required to play tennis.
- Start working on your cardio fitness now! Tennis players don't just need to be aerobically fit, but anaeorbically fit. In-between points your heart rate is already elevated, once the next point begins your heart rate elevates even more. To properly train this, alternate from a brisk walk to a jog for a designated length and time. Once that gets easier, alternate from a jog to a sprint. By training specifically for your sport, you'll see immediate results.
- Start planning out your season now! What leagues are you participating in? What tournaments are you entering? How long does your high school season go for? When are you going on vacation? How often are you going to get together for practices or social matches. Try to aim for a balance this season to avoid burn-out and injury. Only YOU know how much tennis you can fit into your life and still keep it fun! I see a lot of players get so happy once it's warm out, that they say "yes" to every opportunity to play but by June they're sick of playing. It's okay and highly recommended to schedule rest periods during your season just to keep things fresh! But it's easier to do this when you have a global view of your season.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this spring. Hopefully the cold weather will go away and let us enjoy outdoor tennis soon!
Kris David, USPTA
Director of Tennis
Anybody ready for the snow to melt? I am!
I want to remind you all that you need to sign up for the Adult Indoor Putting Contest to be held on Wednesday February 26th from 6:30pm – 9:30pm. This is going to be a great event with very challenging putting holes! Call the golf shop today to sign up.
We are still hoping to have the Frost Bite Open this Saturday February 22. This is an 11:00 shotgun. We have 25 teams already signed up and expect to have many more. We do need the snow to melt in order to have the event. Keep your fingers crossed.
Please stay tuned for more information to follow!
As always if you have any questions or need further assistance please call the Golf Shop at 703-779-8486. Or e-mail me directly at email@example.com
River Creek Club "ONE" Members
Did you know you up to 9 Guests will receive the "ONE" discount when dining at the club? This promotion will continue until the end of March and is valid when dining in Benjamin's Tavern and Champion's Grille.
Did you know you receive 2 for 1 dining once a month at area ClubCorp clubs like Piedmont Club, Tower Club at Tysons and City Club of Washington? These reservations can be made through the ClubLine. Below is a link to the "Capital Society" website.
On behalf of the Chairman of the Board and Membership Committee, we are excited to introduce Member Rewards and the Chairman's Club to River Creek.
Because of your amazing Sponsorship of new incoming Golf Membership in 2013, River Creek had a record year of success in enrollment. We will continue to build upon this platform and tradition of Membership through sponsorship in 2014 with the newly reinvented Member Rewards and Chairman’s Club. By Sponsoring a new Golf Member today, you and your newly enrolled Golf Member will receive a $150 dues credit for 15 months. In addition for every New Golf Member you sponsor, you will receive an invitation to the year-end Chairman’s Cocktail party with plenty of great surprises in store!
With a substantial Golf Membership Initiation Fee increase scheduled for April 1, now is the time to Sponsor.
For more information or to Sponsor a new Golf Member today, please contact Chris Rucker at 703.779.7753 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ClubCorp's Circle of Excellence
Every year ClubCorp presents Circle of Excellence awards to club's who truly are the "Best of the Best". I'm pleased to announce River Creek Club was honored with a Bronze Circle of Excellence for an outstanding 2013. I would like to thank my employee partners, River Creek Club Board of Governors and the entire RCC Membership. This is a great honor that would not have been achieved without the support of the membership.
Thank you for your support and we look to bring home "Gold" in 2014!
RIver Creek Club Bunker Renovation
The club is extremely excited about our upcoming bunker renovation at River Creek Club. All of the greenside bunkers will be renovated using the "Better Billy Bunker" system beginning in late February. This is a significant commitment to the Members of River Creek Club as our current bunkers are very inconsistent. Once the contractor arrives they will work on two holes at a time to minimize the inconvenience to the membership. The entire process should take approximately 8 weeks to complete and will provide River Creek Club Members with consistent playing conditions for the remainder of the season. Below is a link to the "Better Billy Bunker" website for additional information.