Stonebridge Ranch Country Club
ClubCorp & Industry History
Stonebridge is my first position with ClubCorp, I started in January 2012. I began my apprentice ship at El Centro College in 1989 with the Doubletree Hotel at Lincoln Center. The three year program was sanctioned by the American Culinary Federation and the Texas Chefs Association. I worked at Baby Routh with Stephan Pyles and Kevin Rathbun, The Mansion on Turtle Creek with Dean Fearing, Bristol Hotels and Resorts, Angeluna in Ft. Worth, opened Lola in Uptown, opened Central Market's Dallas location, Corporate Chef for Winn Meat company, Executive Chef for the AT&T Stadium (formerly Dallas Cowboys Stadium) and Zanata in Plano.
- Earned the highest score at that time on apprenticeship practical final
- Best Appetizer at Taste of Addison
- Top Ten New Restaurant and 3 star rating at Lola
- Published recipes in Food & Wine cookbooks and Southern Living Magazine
- First place at the Ben E. Keith Food Expo Ultimate food Competition
- Top honors at the Waterford Crystal Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting and Texas Chef Showcase presented by Texas Monthly at the Wine & Food Week in The Woodlands
What is your favorite part of your job at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club?
Pleasing the members.
Tell us about some of the most memorable moments from your career.
Cooking for Julia Child, former President George bush and the First Lady and Ray Manzarec of the Doors.
Can you give a couple of cooking tips for Members and guest who wants to improve their cooking skills?
Acid is your friend, use a little citrus or vinegar to "brighten" the flavor of soups and sauces.
Don't overcook pork, or anything for that matter. Modern processing makes pork as safe as beef. Cook your pork medium, a little pink in the middle, and you'll be amazed at the difference.