The City Club of Washington
Life at the Club
Take a tour of the Club and see what you can enjoy.Set Up a Tour
We've reinvented your favorite Washington, D.C. private club
This spectacular multimillion-dollar renovation transformed our Club into the region’s premier social and business club of the future. With a freshly refined, modern and stylish new look, we’re making the Club even better – just for you!
- NEW welcoming foyer and Member services
- NEW expanded anytime lounge and media room
- NEW elevated dining room with fountain-side dining
- NEW touchdown rooms for a private phone call or quick meeting
- NEW enhanced wi-fi and mobile phone reception
- NEW modern interiors throughout the Club
The City Club of Washington is where a diverse, dynamic and forward looking membership build upon the heritage and principles of our Founding Board of Governors through business, social and community activities. The City Club is located in the Penn Quarter in the heart of the prominent legal, business and theater district just three blocks from the White House. The Club was conceived in 1987 as a distinguished private club to fulfill the needs and be easily accessible to the political, legal and business communities.
The City Club of Washington offers Members and their guests a warm and sophisticated environment to dine in comfortable and subtle elegance and enjoy entertaining with others of like mind. Significant emphasis is placed upon those elements, which constitute the essence of a fine private business and social club. The City Club of Washington was founded on a charter of nondiscrimination and membership by invitation.
The benefits of membership:
- Access to the ClubCorp Network: Joining The City Club opens up membership privileges with the ClubCorp Network of more than 200 private clubs and resorts, and access to more than 700 hotels, restaurants and entertainment venues.
- Network with community leaders: Connect with Members at our networking, business, educational and cultural events.
- Host special occasions and meetings: From the vast menu selection to our attention to detail, we will show you and your guests the hospitality, tradition and excellence that only a private club can offer.
- Enjoy world-class dining: Our award-winning executive chef and his culinary team are committed to exceeding your highest expectations.
- Everyday activities: Join us Monday through Friday every night between 5 and 7 pm for a variety of complimentary appetizers and drinks specials.