Woodside Plantation Country Club, Aiken SC
Clubs Within a Club
Interested in becoming a Member?
Clubs Within a Club Newsletter
The Woodside Birders:
The birders will look, listen and learn our local birds as we walk (not hike) in nearby parks and recreation areas. The group will compile a seasonal bird species list for our Woodside neighborhood. We will monitor our backyard birds and can represent our area of Aiken County by participating in several national bird counting events.
WPCC Book Club:
A group discussion of fiction and/or non-fiction books to be chosen by Members of the book club. All Members of WPCC who love to read are invited to join, meet and socialize with other Members. The January book will be “Before We Were Yours” by Lisa Wingate; a novel about one of America’s most notorious scandals that has an Aiken connection.
This duplicate bridge play is for those who wish to bring their game to the next level. Sign up with a partner or as a single player. Singles will be paired by the organizer on a first come/first serve basis. You can eat at the Club prior to play. We will gather at 7:00 p.m. and play will begin promptly at 7:15 p.m. We will play 18 boards on the first Thursday of the month and 15 boards on the fourth Thursday, followed by a discussion of bidding and play strategy of select hands.
Euchre Night at the Club:
Euchre is a fairly simple card game because you only have five cards per hand. Players should have a basic understanding of the game, but those interested in learning are welcome to look over someone’s shoulder until they pick up on the rules. Players will rotate after four hands to enable you to meet more people. Specific rules will be determined by the host of the evening.
Ladies Golf Association:
The Ladies Golf Association, also known as the 18-holers, plays on Thursday mornings. An alternative play day for ladies who are still working is Saturday. This year-long league features fun games and competitive play. All handicap levels are welcome. Contact a new member coordinator for more information on how to sign up and play in this fun league.
Men’s Golf Association:
This organization provides organized competition for men, camaraderie among its members and the opportunity to meet, play and compete with players of all skill levels outside of your regular playing groups. For more information, visit www.woodside-mga.weebly.com
The Woodside Plantation Nine Hole Ladies Golf Association (Niners) is a group of women golfers of all skill levels. We play nine holes each Thursday, offering a fun experience on the course and lasting friendships off the course. Check out our newly created website: Woodsideniners.weebly.com
Hand and Foot:
Men and women are welcome to join in this fun card game. Players are expected to have a basic understanding of how to play, but there is an opportunity for new players to look over a shoulder to pick up the basics. Players will be requested to not play with a spouse to maximize the opportunity to meet new people. Games may be held in groups of 3, 4, or 6. Because hands finish in various lengths of time, it is likely you will not rotate tables in the evening. Rules will be determined by the host of the evening.
Hitchcock Woods Hiking Group:
This group will hike in Hitchcock Woods three times a month, at a time when horse riding is at its peak. The fourth week we will join the Woodside hiking group set up under the WPPOA.
Flying Needles (Knitting):
Love to knit or crochet? Want to learn? Anyone who cross stitches or needlepoints is also welcome! If any of these pertain, then this is the group for you. Bring your yarn and come sit and knit or crochet with us. We are a fun, social group!
- Ladies’ Come for the play, stay for the laughs. This number one growing sport has come to Woodside. Ladies of all levels, even if you’ve never played before, are welcome for this drop-in play.
- Men’s Woodside men gather to play and heckle. Social time follows. Drop-ins are welcome.
- Social Enjoy a relaxed evening playing this growing sport. All members at all skill levels are welcome. After 1-1.5 hours of play, the group heads over to the club for dinner. Drop-in play is WELCOME!
- A Team This tennis league is for women at a strong 3.5 level and above. Team play is against other clubs in the CSRA. Clinics are Mondays at 9:00 a.m.
- B Team This tennis league is for women at a strong 3.0- 3.5 level. Team play is against other clubs in the CSRA. Clinics are Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- C Team This tennis league is for women at the 2.5 to 3.0 level. Team play is against other clubs in the CSRA. Clinics are Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Ladies Social Ladies gather for an evening of social tennis and socializing. All skill levels are welcome.
Contact us today to find out more about our beautiful Aiken golf courses at Woodside Plantation.