ClubCorp Continues Nationwide Charitable Giving With Sixth Annual Charity Classic
More Than 130 Clubs Host Golf Tournaments, Dining Events, Along With An Online Auction and More
DALLAS - Through Nov. 2, 2012, more than 130 private golf, business and sports clubs in the ClubCorp family located across the country are opening their doors for the sixth annual ClubCorp Charity Classic, the company’s largest philanthropic open-house event. Nationwide, an estimated 16,000 members, guests, and patrons will participate in tournaments, dining events, auctions, and social extravaganzas, all to raise money for national and local charities.
With an official date of Sept. 28 for the 2012 Charity Classic, clubs coast to coast have created great open-to-the-public events such as Firestone Country Club’s grand shotgun-start golf tournament (Oct. 18); Country Club of the South’s two-day charity golf tournament (Oct. 26 and 27) and Anthem Golf & Country Club’s tournament, live concert and dinner (Nov. 4). Even the newest clubs in the ClubCorp family are hosting inaugural Charity Classic events, like the tournament and wine festival at Canterwood Golf & Country Club.
But there’s more than just golf. Business clubs as well are hosting an array of dining events, such as The Metropolitan Club’s evening of dinner and music (Oct. 4) and Tower Club Dallas’s dinner and silent auction, which coincides with the club’s 30th anniversary.
In addition to the scheduled golf and dining events at the clubs, an online auction, through Oct. 1, offers an array of exciting auction items, such as:
- Stay-and-play golf packages at world-renowned locations like Firestone Country Club, The Homestead, Barton Creek Resort & Spa, La Costa Resort & Spa, Palm Springs and Carmel Valley
- Vacation getaways at exclusive resorts in New Orleans, Costa Rica, Cozumel, San Diego, Scottsdale and Squaw Valley
- Napa Valley wine tasting at Robert Mondavi Winery, a college football weekend, a ticket package to the South Beach Food & Wine Festival and other memorable experiences
- Dining certificates at top restaurants and private dining clubs
- A private speaking engagement with ClubCorp President and CEO Eric Affeldt
- A Ron Burgundy guitar and a cowbell, both autographed by Will Farrell
Since its inception in 2007, ClubCorp’s Charity Classic has raised more than $8 million benefiting charities including Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Augie’s Quest, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Boys and Girls Clubs, and the Employee Partners Care Foundation. The goal this year is to raise $2 million.
“Since the inception of the ClubCorp Charity Classic, the initiative has always remained close to my heart and I am so proud of our clubs and their members for making this annual event so successful,” said Eric Affeldt, ClubCorp president and CEO.
To learn more about the ClubCorp Charity Classic, upcoming events, and the online auction, visit http://www.clubcorpcharityclassic.com.