Ipswich Country Club Dramatic Reinvention Continues
New Fitness Center Unveiled, Clubhouse Construction Under Way Bringing Contemporary New Style, Amenities, Dining and Social Features
IPSWICH - Ipswich Country Club, a member of the ClubCorp family of clubs, announces that the second and final phase of a million-dollar-plus reinvention project is currently under way. The extensive improvements to Ipswich Country Club bring contemporary new looks and amenities and expanded dining and social features designed to offer today’s private club members more places to connect, play, work, host and celebrate.
In early February, the club unveiled the first phase of the project, opening a completely new and expanded fitness club facility featuring top-of-the-line cardio equipment and weight machines, 60” televisions, a studio and a variety of new daily fitness classes.
The final phase of the club’s reinvention, slated to be complete in early spring, brings new clubhouse amenities and features:
- New welcoming entry, reception and lobby for greeting guests
- New Robert Trent Jones Restaurant, Grille and Anytime Lounge featuring stylish décor and an expanded bar, fireplace, booth seating, communal table and 80” television, creating the perfect setting for members to catch up on news and emails and enjoy sporting events, movies and more.
- New Dining Area where members can invite family and friends to dine in style on fresh and innovative cuisine
- Extensive improvements and a fresh look for the 4,420-square-foot banquet room for private parties and weddings in Ipswich
- Improvements to the pool dining, bar and family area
- Updates to the tennis facility
- Dynamic new club calendar featuring even more fun events, programming and activities for the entire family
“This is a great time for the club,” said general manager Gary Tom Carter. “The renovations don’t just represent improvements to the facility but a reinvention of the club’s culture, making it more relevant, vibrant, and a fun hub for the community and an even better value for members.”
“I am more excited about being a member of Ipswich Country Club today than I have been over the last 20 years,” said Joe Tutrone, Ipswich member and chairperson of the club’s Board of Governors. “We have new greens, a newly refurbished Fitness Center with a lot more equipment, an expanded swim and tennis facility with many new features and a remodeled Robert Trent Jones dining room."
Sitting on 350 acres of property, Ipswich Country Club features a challenging 18-hole Robert Trent Jones Sr. championship golf course, an extensive driving range and 2.5-acre short-game practice area. Additional amenities at the family oriented club include two dining areas, a pool complex and tennis area, new fitness facility and a banquet room that can seat up to 250.
Dallas-based ClubCorp is The World Leader in Private Clubs®. Since its founding in 1957, ClubCorp has operated with the central purpose of Building Relationships and Enriching the Lives® of its members. ClubCorp owns or operates a network of more than 150 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs, and alumni clubs in 23 states, the District of Columbia and two foreign countries that serve over 350,000 members, with approximately 14,000 peak-season employees. ClubCorp properties include: Firestone Country Club (Akron, Ohio); Mission Hills Country Club (Rancho Mirage, California); Capital Club Beijing; and Metropolitan Club Chicago. You can find ClubCorp on Facebook at facebook.com/clubcorp and on Twitter at @ClubCorp.