Welcome to the New Hills of Lakeway
Club Celebrates 30th Anniversary with Completion of Multimillion-Dollar Renovation and Reinvention
AUSTIN - The Hills of Lakeway, an Austin country club and a member of the ClubCorp family, celebrates 30 years in the Lakeway Community with the completion of a multimillion-dollar renovation project of The Hills clubhouse. The renovation brings contemporary new looks and amenities, upgraded technology, and expanded dining and social features designed to align the club with the lifestyles of today’s private club members.
“This renovation project has really reinvented and rejuvenated the club,” said General Manager Jeff Muller. “Members now have many more opportunities to socialize, connect, and have fun and the club is becoming even more of a hub in the community. This is a very exciting time to be a part of The Hills of Lakeway.”
“It's been very exciting watching the transformation of the club this past year, which in a way has also transformed the members,” said retired Gen. Rick Zehrer, Chairman of the The Hills of Lakeway Board of Governors. “They have a newfound pride in the club and all that it now has to offer.”
The Hills of Lakeway’s capital improvements highlight new rooms and amenities, inspired and fresh dining options and new programming like:
- Stylish new sports bar and grill, perfect for socializing
- High-tech media lounge where members can watch sporting events, movies or catch up on current events
- Newly remodeled restaurant and grill offering inspired and fresh menu options
- Spectacular covered outdoor terrace featuring cabana seating and fire tables, ideal for relaxing and enjoying cocktails after a day on the golf course or Austin weddings
- Social events featuring fun programming, live entertainment, and a variety of activities for adults and families
- Enhanced private dining spaces for private parties in Austin
- Expanded men’s locker room and card room
- New décor and upgrades to the ladies’ locker rooms
The Hills of Lakeway, nestled in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, features two Austin country clubs – The Hills Country Club, which offers the Jack Nicklaus-designed Hills Golf Course and Flintrock Falls, co-designed by Jack Nicklaus and Jack Nicklaus II, and Lakeway Country Club featuring two Leon Howard-designed golf courses, the Live Oak Golf Course and Yaupon Course. In addition to 72 holes of golf, The Hills of Lakeway offers four clubhouses, an expansive Academy of Golf teaching school with three executive practice holes, the World of Tennis Fitness Center, 16 outdoor and two indoor tennis courts, and a pool.
Dallas-based ClubCorp is The World Leader in Private Clubs®. Since its founding in 1957, ClubCorp has operated with the central purpose of Building Relationships and Enriching the Lives® of its members. ClubCorp owns or operates a network of more than 150 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs, and alumni clubs in 23 states, the District of Columbia and two foreign countries that serve over 350,000 members, with approximately 14,000 peak-season employees. ClubCorp properties include: Firestone Country Club (Akron, Ohio); Mission Hills Country Club (Rancho Mirage, California); Capital Club Beijing; and Metropolitan Club Chicago. You can find ClubCorp on Facebook at facebook.com/clubcorp and on Twitter at @ClubCorp.