National ClubCorp Tournaments
Rules of Play
Acura ClubCorp Champions Classic
Win the Use of an Acura
U.S.G.A. Rules will govern all play with the following local rules:
- On the tee shot only, you may place the ball within one club length of the selected shot, but not nearer the hole. If a selected shot is played from a rough, hazard, fairway, sand bunker or fringe of the green, the ball may be placed within one club length of the selected shot, not nearer the hole, and it must remain in the rough, hazard, fairway, sand bunker or on the fringe of the green (club length = 45 inches).
- A teammate may stand behind a player to help determine the line.
A sudden-death playoff will be used to determine the winning team for the qualifying rounds and the national finals. Best 4-of-5 total points per hole will determine the winning team at the national event.
If a team member(s) is unable to play, a player may be substituted. No club or staff personnel may participate in this tournament in any capacity except as club golf professionals or club representative.
Each team will qualify with a four-person team at the local level. In the event a player has to cancel at the last minute and there is not time to obtain a substitute, the team will play in the qualifier using a three-person format. At the national event, if a player becomes unable to participate and there is not a substitute available, the team will complete the tournament using a four-person format. If the club held a qualifier, and one of the winning members will not be able to attend, the substitute should be someone from the qualifying field if possible.
- Plus (+) handicaps will be played to zero
- Golf Professionals will play to zero
Range finders will be allowed at the national event. All golf equipment must conform to USGA regulations.
- Men will play from regular tees
- Seniors (age 65 + handicap =72) will play from senior tees
- Lady golf professionals will play from the senior tees
- Lady amateurs will play from ladies tees
Approximate yardages for play at National Event
|Men’s Regular (White Tees)||6500||6500||6300|
|Men’s Senior Tees||5900||5900||5660|
- Incorrect score on scorecards
- Sharing clubs
Any dispute or doubtful point on the rules of play shall be referred to the committee, whose decision shall be final.