Handicap – Guidelines and Posting
A handicap committee has been formed to monitor all BCC Member handicaps and score posting. Please make sure to post all your scores.
Handicap posting guidelines:
- Post all scores when at least seven holes are played. (7 holes are posted as a 9 hole score, 13 holes are posted as a 18 hole score). Holes not played are posted as par plus any handicap strokes to which the player is entitled.
- Post scores made under the rules of golf
- Post scores on all courses with a valid USGA course rating and slope rating.
- Post scores in all forms of competition: Match play, Stroke play and team competitions where players play their own ball. Check with the committee to see if the score is posted as a tournament (T) score.
- Post scores played under the local rule of “preferred lies.”
- A scorecard must be turned in for each score posted.
- Scores must be adjusted using: “Equitable Stroke Control” before posting to the handicap computer.
| 18-Hole Course
|| 9-Hole Course
| 9 or less
|| 4 or less
|| Double Bogey
| 10 through 19
|| 5 through 9
| 20 through 29
|| 10 through 14
| 30 through 39
|| 15 through 19
| 15 through 19
|| 20 and above