Handicap – Guidelines and Posting
A handicap committee has been formed to monitor all BCC Member handicaps and score posting. Please make sure to post all your scores.
Handicap Posting Guidelines:
- Post all scores when at least seven holes are played. (7 holes are posted as a 9 hole score, 14 holes are posted as an 18 hole score). Holes not played are posted as par plus any handicap strokes to which the player is entitled.
- Post scores made under the rules of golf
- Post scores on all courses with a valid USGA course rating and slope rating.
- Post scores in all forms of competition: Match play, Stroke play and Team Competitions where players play their own ball. Check with the committee to see if the score is posted as a tournament (T) score.
- Post scores played under the local rule of “preferred lies.”
- A scorecard must be turned in for each score posted.
- Scores must be adjusted using: “Equitable Stroke Control” before posting to the handicap computer.
- After a handicap index has been established for a player with an established Handicap Index, the maximum score for each hole played is limited to a net double bogey. (Par of the hole + 2 strokes + Any handicap stroke(s) that the player receives on that hole)
- A player should submit their score as soon as possible on the day of play, after completion of their round, and before midnight (local time). You can post the round, at the club, online or through your GHIN/MyGSGA app.
For more information, please review the World Handicap System Reference Guide for more details.