Golf At Canebrake Country Club
The front nine features a links-style design traversing through open fairways, featuring generous landing areas while the backside is more of a parkland-style course meandering through the towering pine trees. Built adjacent a 250-acre lake, the course offers a good deal of elevation change that requires golfers to strategize on each shot.
Canebrake is recognized by the Mississippi Golf Association, The Mississippi Women’s Golf Association, and the The USGA as a premier facility; each of these groups has hosted an event at Canebrake Country Club over the past 12 months.
The course also boasts:
- Dual driving range
- Separate practice putting and chipping greens
- Two practice bunkers
- Four lakes (measuring a combined 22 acres)
- 64 sand bunkers
- 67,000 square feet of Champion Dwarf Bermuda grass greens
- 130 acres of 419 Bermuda, Zoysia and Centipede grasses
- 20 acres of indigenous Broom Sedge, Indian Grass, Switch Grass, Love Grass, Little Blue Stem and wild flowers adding to the beauty of the course
Join A Golf League At Canebrake Country Club
Enjoy friendly competition in Canebrake’s various golf associations, and enjoy Club-hosted tournaments such as the annual Member-Guest, the Founder’s Cup, junior events, championship events for both Men’s and Ladies’ associations and more.
The interclub leagues provide some of the most exciting golf tournaments around. Here, you’ll play challenging rounds, meet fellow Members and, with any luck, win some great prizes.
- Men’s Golf Association (MGA) – This group plans events throughout the year — from weekly play to annual tournaments, the MGA is open to all male golfers at Canebrake. The marquee tournaments the MGA hosts are the Member-Member, Member-Guest and the Founder’s Cup (held the Saturday of Masters week) and the Men’s Club Championship.
- Canebrake Women’s Golf Association (CWGA) – In addition to hosting the Women’s Club Championship, the CWGA plans a variety of golf-related events and playdays for the female golfers at Canebrake, as well as some fun social events.
- Pinseekers – A weekly two-man scramble that is fun for golfers of all skill levels.
- Canebrake Junior Golf Academy – Canebrake Junior Golfers can sign up for the golf academy, held at various times throughout the year in various formats and instructional levels. The Academy is designed to teach the basics of the game of golf to the younger golfers, whether they choose to move into competitive play or simply enjoy the game.
- Breakfast Club Tournament - The Breakfast Club Tournament is a tournament we host for the members on the first Saturday of the month. The tournament is something different every month of the year. Learn more about the Breakfast Club Tournaments in the Pro Shop.
In addition, our Golf Pro plans one fun tournament per month that’s open to all Canebrake Golfers.
For information on any of these groups, or to find out how to join one or more of these fun associations, please stop in or call the Pro Shop.
The Pro Shop
The Golf Pro Shop carries the latest brands and equipment to keep you up to date on the latest trends and technology.
Store your golf bag at the Club, with cleaning, bag tagging and shaft labeling.
Our staff is experienced in club fitting. We can handle special orders and repairs quickly.
Join the club so that when you make that perfect shot, you receive a dollar in pro shop credit from every member in the Hole-In-One Club. There are currently more than 300 members.
Secure your valuables in Men's and Ladies' lockers. Shoe care is also available.
Keep an accurate account of your golf handicap through GHIN online system.