Tennis House Rules
We ask that Members and guests please follow these guidelines when playing tennis at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club.
- Court reservations should be made 72 hours in advance and Members can reserve a court for up to 2 hours. Members are strongly encouraged to make court reservations during peak times such as evenings and weekends. Court reservations for Members will be handled through the Tennis Pro Shop or our online court reservation system. To gain access to this online court reservation system please email our Director of Tennis.
- Members will be charged a daily guest fee of $10 for each guest. If they would like their guests to pay the guest fee, they should ask their guest to check in at the pro shop and let the staff know that they are paying for this fee. Guests are allowed to play at the Club once a month, up to six times per year.
- Social Members and guests are not allowed to play on an inter-club team. A Tennis or Golf Membership is mandatory in order to play or be part of any of our inter-club teams.
- Members and guests are required to check in at the tennis shop before heading to the courts. Tennis etiquette is mandatory when entering a court, i.e: When claiming a court, a player should enter quietly, by the nearest gate. A player should enter only after the point being played has been completed. A player should close a gate after he or she enters or exits a court.
- Proper tennis attire and shoes are required to be worn by Members and guest at all times. No dark-soled jogging shoes are allowed on the courts. Please refrain from wearing cut-off, golf shoes, jeans and swimsuits. Players that fail to comply with the dress code will be asked to leave the courts.
Our goal is to assist our Adult Members in playing tennis as quickly as possible and then teaching them the skills necessary to continuously improve their level. Our Adult Program has plenty to offer with private lessons, group lessons, clinics, socials / mixers, and leagues. With over 20 teams competing at our club our Tennis Staff will find the right team and level in which to compete. We also have morning and evening clinics ranging from beginner to advanced levels.
- Leagues – League play is one of our biggest components to our membership and our club has a long standing winning tradition in all these leagues. United States Tennis Association (USTA) is a league for both men and women of which we have several teams at different levels competing for the opportunity to advance to the National Tournament. Tennis Competitors of Dallas (TCD) is one of the largest private tennis leagues in the U.S., with many different leagues for all levels played across the Dallas Metro area.
- Tennis Competitors of Dallas – A league through the TCD organization designed for women of all levels.
- Love 50 – A league through the TCD organization designed for women 50 years or older.
- Mixed Doubles – A league through the TCD organization designed for both men and women to compete together in.
- Metro – A league designed for the working women to play on Saturdays.
- USTA – A leagues designed for both men and women with a variety of levels to compete in.
- Clinics – Our clinics are designed to target the various levels of our Members with a variety of different aspects of the game being taught.
- Doubles University – This clinic is designed for all levels looking to gain more knowledge on doubles. Our instructors will go over some of the different formations, strategies, tactics, and strokes you use in a doubles match.
- Beat Down Clinic – This clinic is designed for the level of 3.5 players or higher. You will get a great workout through hitting a lot of tennis balls and playing some tough live ball drills.
- Shot of the Week – This clinic is designed for all levels of players looking for more practice on the certain stroke of that week.
- Tennis 101 – This clinic is designed for the beginning level player with little or no experience. Our instructors will go over all the basics of tennis and make sure you are ready for that next big tennis season!
Be part of a tennis program that is developing junior players through a foundation on sound skills and techniques. Through our junior staff of USPTA Professionals your junior will receive help to achieve their tennis goals through our drills, physical training, mental toughness, and monitored match play. The staff at Stonebridge Ranch has many years of experience working with all ages from four years of age to High School competitive USTA or UTR players.
- Junior Development
- Red Ball: This clinic is designed for 4 to 7 years old who have never played tennis before. Players will work on developing fundamentals, athletic movements, and hand-eye control.
- Orange Ball: This clinic is designed for 8 to 10 years old with little tennis experience playing on a 60’ court. Players will work on developing fundamentals, athletic movements, footwork, and technique. Players will be introduced to rallying through our hit and hit technique.
- Green Ball: This clinic is designed for 10 to 12 years old with some years of tennis experience and some tournament experience. They will be playing on a regulation sized court of 78’ with a 26” or 27” tennis racquet. Players will be encouraged to play matches and tournaments. Player will work on technique, developing strategy, footwork, and endurance.
- Yellow Ball: This clinic is designed for the beginner / intermediate tournament player with some years of playing experience. Recommended that each player be involved in clinics, private lessons. and USTA, UTR, DPTA tournaments. The focus is on stroke mechanics / development, shot location, shot selection, conditioning and match strategies.
- Junior Elite
- This clinic is designed for the advanced tournament player with years of playing experience. Recommended that each player be involved in clinics, private lessons, school tennis, USTA & UTR tournaments. The focus is on stroke mechanics, game planning, shot location, shot selection, conditioning, and match strategies.
Our shop carries an extensive selection of top name brands for all your tennis needs. If there is an item in the shop that we do not have, we are more than happy to create a special order for you. Members can enjoy demo racquets for their convenience before purchasing. Members can also enjoy ball machine rentals, special discounts run throughout the year, and same day stringing services.
- Tennis Racquets: We carry a broad selection of top line racquets for adults and children from the world’s best suppliers, which includes Head, Wilson, and Babolat. Each member of our staff will advise you with purchasing the racquet that is best suited for your game.
- Racquet Stringing and Accessories: The Stonebridge Ranch Tennis Shop offers expert racquet stringing and gripping services for tennis racquets. We offer 24 hour stringing services and at times same day turnaround. We stock a wide selection of string including: Polyester, Synthetic Gut, and Hybrid strings. We also have a great selection of accessories including: Grips, Dampners, Grip Enhancers, Sweatbands, Hats, Visors, Seat Covers, and Sunglasses.
- Tennis Footwear and Apparel: Our tennis shop carries a wide selection of the latest tennis footwear and apparel such as: Nike, Babolat, Wilson, Fila, New Balance, Thorlo, BloqUV, Lucky in Love, Lija, and Bobbe Active. We offer the ability to customize team orders for league teams. In addition to creating team orders we have customized logo apparel can have our logo added to any apparel per request.
- Shop Hours:
Monday 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (During League Seasons)
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Thursdays 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Hours of operation vary by the season as well as the weather conditions.