SPONSOR A NEW MEMBER SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. General. The “Sponsor A New Member” sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Kingwood Country Club, Inc. ("Sponsor"). The Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules and to all applicable federal, state and local laws. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the state of Texas who are 21 years or older as of the start of the Contest Period (defined below). Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, parent, subsidiaries, prize providers, and advertising and promotion agencies (the “Sweepstakes Entities”), together with the immediate families and those persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to enter. You do not have to be a member of a golf, country or business club owned or operated by Sponsor or its affiliates (each, a “Club”) to enter; however, access to Clubs may be restricted to members or guests of members.
3. Entry Period. The entry period (“Contest Period”) is from 11:59pm Central Time on October 15 2012 through 11:59 p.m. Central Time on January 1, 2012. Sponsor’s (or Sponsor’s designated representative's) computer is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter. You may enter during the Contest Period in one of two ways:
(a) To be automatically entered: If you are a member of the Club operated by Sponsor (“Kingwood Club”): (i) sponsor a new Kingwood Club member on or before December 15 and automatically receive two (2) entries or (ii) sponsor a new Kingwood Club member on or before January 1 to automatically receive one (1) entry. The person you sponsor must be admitted as a new Kingwood Club in member in order for you to receive an automatic entry or entries.
(b) To enter by mail, mail a 3 x 5 card with your name, complete address including zip code, daytime telephone number and email address to: Kingwood Country Club, Inc., 1700 Lake Kingwood Trail, Kingwood, TX 77339, attention: Sponsor A New Member Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per envelope. Entries must be postmarked before 11:59 p.m. Central Time on January 1, 2013 and received by 5 p.m. on January 8, 2013 in order to be eligible.
Limit two entries per person, regardless of method of entry.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for incomplete, lost, stolen, illegible, misdirected, late, postage-due or incomplete entries. Photocopies, mechanically produced, or computer generated entries will not be accepted.
5. Prizes. The one (1) prize is complimentary membership dues for a Kingwood Club membership for one (1) year at your current membership level. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV” of the prize is $6000. If you are not already a Kingwood Club member, you must meet the Kingwood Club’s customary standards and requirements for membership and you must pay any applicable initiation fees. All federal, state, municipal and local taxes, and all expenses associated with receipt or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize if legally required, and will be required to provide Sponsor with winner's social security number for purposes of same.
6. Winner Selection and Notification. The winner will be selected by random drawing by Sponsor on or about January 27, 2013. Need not be present to win. The apparent winner will be notified by Sponsor by email at the email address provided by entrant at time of entry.
The potential winner must complete, sign and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and, except where prohibited by law, publicity release within the time period designated by Sponsor. If a potential winner fails to do so, that potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected from among remaining eligible entries.
If a winner cannot be reached, if he/she is found to ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner for that prize will be chosen by random drawing from the remaining eligible entries.
7. General. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, MUNICIPAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. Prizes are non-transferable; no substitutions or exchanges by winner permitted. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute one or more elements of a prize for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash value. Any difference between the stated ARV of a prize and the actual value of a prize will not be awarded. All other expenses on the receipt and use of a prize not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winner.
Sponsor has not made and is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims, any representation, warranty or guaranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant's heirs, executors, and administrators to release and indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error herein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all actions of the Sponsor and/or Sponsor's representative, whose decisions are binding and final on all matters related to this Sweepstakes. By accepting any prize, winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown and biographical information, for any lawful purpose (including but not limited to advertising and promotion), in perpetuity, in any media now known or hereafter developed, without further permission or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By accepting any prize, each winner and each winner’s guest agrees for himself/herself and for their heirs, executors and administrators to release and indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives harmless from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any prize related activity and claims based on rights of publicity, rights of privacy, defamation or prize delivery.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate registration or entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet; or (e) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) should any cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, fairness, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes and, in such situation, to select the winners in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion of the Sweepstakes) and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all known eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date of termination. Sponsor may prohibit entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor’s representatives. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not responsible for typographic or printer's errors. In no event will more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules be awarded.
8. Waiver. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes or offers awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorney’s fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages (other than actual out-of-pocket expenses) and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. Governing Law. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS RULES. VENUE FOR ANY ACTIONS HEREUNDER SHALL BE IN THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS.
11. Winners’ List. The names of the winners will be available after January 28th, 2013 and can be obtained by mailing a request including a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope, postmarked by February 15, 2013, to Kingwood Country Club, Inc., 1700 Lake Kingwood Trail, Kingwood, TX 77339, Attention: Sponsor A New Member Sweepstakes.
12. Sponsor. Kingwood Country Club, Inc., 1700 Lake Kingwood Trail, Kingwood, TX 77339.