History of the Club
In 1896, a group of eight men and 13 women gathered together to form the College Graduate Club with the goal of bringing together people with academic degrees to discuss important topics of the day. In 1909, some of the male members joined a group who belonged to college fraternities to form an inter-fraternity organization. At this time, The University Club was formally organized.
Today, The University Club Atop Symphony Towers is the business and social center of San Diego’s professional elite. Located on the 34th floor of the Symphony Towers, The University Club is in the heart of the San Diego downtown business and cultural community. Symphony Towers, crowned by the Club, houses Copley Symphony Hall at ground level, with a cross-section of the most prestigious business firms of San Diego in between.